- Who are you and what do you do?
I'm a software developer from Dublin, Ireland. Passionate about open-source and education.
- How did you get into GNOME?
Gnome has been the default desktop for most distro I've used. After a while I decided to see if I could help out with something, and found some bugs tagged with gnome-love that I could actually solve, yay! I haven't done much since then though, besides being a happy Gnome-tee-shirt-wearing user.
- Why are you coming to GUADEC?
I'm hoping to learn more about Gnome, meet some of the awesome people behind the project(s), and build up the confidence to become a stronger contributor myself.
4) In 1 sentence, describe what your most favorite recent GNOME project has been. (Doesn't have to be yours!)
Gnome-terminal. I use it constantly, got my first Gnome patch accepted into that project and seem to stumble upon it all the time (e.g. finding the related gnome-terminal patch on the same site I was using to learn about control sequences.)
...Going over my one sentence, Empathy/Telepathy are pretty cool too. And I'm having a jolly good time learning pyGTK as well!
- Will this be your first time visiting the Netherlands?
Yes! I didn't leave much buffer time around the conference for tourism though.